Foster Care Babysitter Training
Attend one training to be certified with multiple agencies to babysit for foster families!
Participating Agencies Include
Arrow Child and Family Ministries, Methodist Children’s Home, A World for Children, Grace Manor, Christian Homes, Azleway, DFPS, UpBring, Buckner, Noble, BCFS, Lonestar
What a blessing you are to foster families and children by agreeing to become babysitters!
Complete This 4 Round Process to Become Certified
Round 1: Register
Complete application and appropriate registrations:
1. Fill out the Short Term Provider Application to begin the process to become an approved childcare provider. One form per person is required for those attending the training. All applicants must be 21 or older. Please upload completed application with a copy of your driver’s license and social security card on the secured babysitter portal.
2. Choose your training date.
Register Here! for Training Day on January 7th.
3. To complete the process, download the additional childcare provider information: Packet for Each Babysitter.
Round 2: Fingerprinting
You’ll receive an email to schedule your fingerprint appointment AFTER submitting your application. There is a $39.05 fee for fingerprinting. You will also have several documents to collect before training day which your paperwork guide will contact you about prior to training day.
Round 3: Online Trainings
Three trainings must be done online before you will be certified as a babysitter. Please upload your certificates of completion in the babysitter portal. We recommend this be done prior to training day:
- Psych Meds Training
- Trauma Informed Care
- Safe Sleep. No certificate of completion is needed.
- CPR online training with E&E Heartsavers for $50 if needed
Round 4: Training Day
Make sure all of your documents are uploaded in the babysitter portal prior to training, and then attend training. After all the requirements are met, The Fostering Collective will share the necessary paperwork for certification with the other agencies that you choose.
Frequently Asked Questions
WHEN ARE THE NEXT TRAINING DATES?
Oct 15th and Jan 7th
WHO ARE THE AGENCIES THAT ARE PART OF THE JOINT CERTIFICATION?
Arrow Child and Family Ministries, Methodist Children’s Home, A World for Children, Grace Manor, Christian Homes, Azleway, DFPS, UpBring, Buckner, Noble, BCFS, Lonestar and The Fostering Collective
THE AGENCY I WANT TO BABYSIT FOR IS NOT ON THE LIST. CAN THEY JOIN THE COLLABORATION NOW?
Not for this first round of training, but when we do this again, we will open it up to other agencies. We were not trying to be exclusive; we just needed to start somewhere and this group was already working together.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
CPR/First Aid training will cost $50. There is an online class that is offered with a 30 minute hands on portion the day of training.
HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO BABYSIT?
You must be 21 years of age or older.